Flute Lessons | Artist development
- Qualifications: Studying Bachelor of Music Education at Sydney Conservatorium of Music
- Pricing: Contact for pricing
- Styles: Classical, Contemporary/Pop
- Suitability: Beginner to Intermediate
Amy is currently a student at Sydney Conservatorium of Music, studying Bachelor of Music Education (Majoring in Classical Flute Performace). She currently takes private lessons at the Conservatorium with Principal Piccolo of the Sydney Symphony Orchestra, Rosamund Plummer
- High Distinction (A+) in AMEB Certificate of Performance (CMUSA)
- Band 6 result in Music 1 HSC (1st in school’s cohort)
- Distinction in AMEB Grade 8 Practical Flute Exam
- Theatre Scholarship for flute at Newcastle Conservatorium of Music (2017)
- Tutor for BandLink 2017 (Primary School Reigonal NSW Band Program)
- 1st Flute in Hunter Wind Ensemble (2017), internationally toured to Spain and Portugal
- (2017): Principal Flute of Newcastle Conservatorium Senior Concert Band
She is passionate in exposing the joy and happiness music can bring to young people of all backgrounds.
Originally from Newcastle, she has moved to Sydney to pursue a career in music teaching. As a travelling tutor, she is able to tutor at your home/studio at negotiable prices.
Students can expect lessons orientated to the students taste. Whether pursuing flute for exams, or just for fun, she is able to adapt to students wants and needs.
Amy strives to make the student as comfortable as possible and to enjoy our lessons together. As well as teaching flute, she equally believes in students health and wellbeing, so lessons also incorporate constant conversation between student and teacher as well as techniques to improve flute playing through various breathing, singing and rhythmic techniques
Amy is flexible with time, place and does Skype Lessons if student cannot meet certain requirements (e.g. living far away, living situations etc.)