Kareela NSW, Australia
Guitar Lessons | Electric Bass Lessons, Ukulele Lessons | Aural Lessons, Theory Lessons, Composition Lessons
- Qualifications: Bachelor of Music (UOW)
- Pricing: $25 / half hour (can do hour lessons if preferred)
- Styles: Rock and pop in all their forms; Blues; Classical guitar
- Suitability: 5 to 95; all experience levels welcome
I’m a guitar and bass guitar teacher who is active across multiple fields of Sydney music. My love for the instrument began at the age of five. I’ve pursued it ever since, and now strive to instill the same passion in others. Across a decade of teaching and two decades of playing, I’ve developed an extensive knowledge of various pop and rock guitar styles. A solid grounding in music theory was built through childhood piano lessons and further developed while attending the University of Wollongong.
For the past nine years I have played bass in local band, Library Siesta, while releasing three solo albums under my own name. Songwriting has been a big part of my life, and I encourage students to explore their creative side via composition if they’re so inclined. In addition to guitar and bass, I can also teach the ukulele. Don’t feel locked in to one choice – you’re welcome to switch between instruments over time!
My relaxed but engaging teaching style allows room for different preferences, so that students can approach their learning at a pace which suits them. I’m confident that you’ll find it helpful.
Lessons based in Kareela. Video lessons are also available, should travel distance or Covid be a concern.
While I’m more than happy to lead the way, I find that students tend to get more out of lessons when they have a say in the selection of learning material. Wherever possible, I’ll introduce new musical concepts in the form of music you like or know. If you’re not sure where to start, or just curious to know more, here are some of the things I can cover:
- Musicianship – technique, dynamics, how to play with other musicians
- Music theory and identifying aspects of it aurally
- Discovering your own style of playing
- Knowing the fretboard and how to find the same note or chord in multiple places
- Guidance through the full process of a HSC Music performance exam
- Musical appreciation and the importance of enjoying what you’re playing