Studios FiftyOne, Lawley Crescent, Pymble NSW, Australia
Guitar Lessons | Electronic Dance Music Production Lessons, Electric Bass Lessons, Ukulele Lessons | Aural Lessons, Theory Lessons, Composition Lessons, Jazz Improvisation Lessons, Mixing and Mastering Lessons, HSC Music Exam Preparation, Skype Lessons, Online Lessons
- Qualifications: Bachelor of Music (Hons) in Popular Music Performance, 1st Class Honours from Royal Northern College of Music (UK)
- Pricing: $80 for 1 hour / $40 for 30 mins (excl. GST)
- Styles: A range of contemporary styles specialising in blues, rock and pop
- Suitability: All skill levels from beginner to advanced. Ages 6+
Founder of Studios FiftyOne Tom is an alumnus from the prestigious Royal Northern College of Music (UK) and graduated with 1st Class Honours from the Bachelor of Music (Hons) in Popular Music Performance programme. Through his studies, Tom has gathered invaluable experience and mentorship from industry professionals including Jon Shone (One Direction) and Mo Pleasure (Earth, Wind & Fire & Michael Jackson) to name a few. Tom has garnered considerable traction as a guitarist in the music industry having recorded and performed in a variety of venues and studios across Australia, UK and Europe such as Bankwest Stadium, Metro Theatre [AU] and Manchester The O2 [UK]. With over 5 years of teaching experience, Tom currently teaches over 45+ students at the Studios FiftyOne Pymble (2073) premise and online (via Zoom).
- Main Instrument: Guitar (Beginner – Advanced)
- Other Instruments/Services: Music Theory, Ukulele, HSC Music Exam Preparation & Bass
- Styles Taught: Blues, Rock, Pop & Jazz
- Favourite Musicians: John Mayer, Mark Knopfler, Robben Ford & Matt Schofield
“Tom is a highly skilled guitarist with an impressive sense of musicality.” – Johnny Heyes (M People, Errol Brown, X Factor)
“Great to work with… Excellent guitar player.” – Jamie West-Oram (The Fixx, Brian Eno, David Bowie)
Please get in touch by using the contact form (be sure to add your mobile number) and let’s get a session booked in – looking forward to our first lesson!!
Based in the Upper North Shore, Studios FiftyOne is a multi-award-winning music studio specialising in 1-to-1 tuition. Refine and develop your music production skills or learn to play guitar, ukulele, bass and more with our highly trained tutors at our studio and online.
At Studios FiftyOne we’ve developed the ultimate student-led learning systems designed to provide a balance of practical learning and technical development throughout our range of instrumental and music production courses.
- Transform your musical skills through a modern, comprehensive, personable and fun learning experience for students of all ages
- Accelerate your development through structured learning stages which challenge students to grow beyond their current technique and musical understanding
- Why 1-to-1 lessons? Break through the sea of online instructional videos. There’s no substitute for real-world lessons with our talented tutors to help nurture your musical interests, ambitions and goals
- All courses are accompanied by highly detailed resources which have been designed, created and refined by us over 1,000+ hours of lessons
We’ve just launched our new music production course!
The new beginner music production course introduces you to Logic Pro X and gives you the skills to write, create, mix and release your own music using just a laptop. Divided amongst nine comprehensive modules, each 1-to-1 lesson will give you the opportunity to collaborate with your tutor on projects, ask questions and be involved in open discussions. Upon completion, you’ll come away with your own music refined over weekly assignments (don’t worry, you’re not graded) and guidance from your tutor.
Our course combines a wealth of first-hand experience and knowledge, with up-to-the-minute practices from diverse genres. We’re looking forward to adding to our music production course to cater to all levels of experience. Please get in contact for more information.
I had always wanted to play a musical instrument. So figured why not start with a ukulele and why not this year. Turns out to be the greatest investment of the year! I thoroughly enjoy the balance of the theory and the practical side of things in the class - Tom has developed his own course material that goes through these concepts. It is brilliant! Best of all I got to learn my favourite song after just a couple of lessons. The remote learning (by ZOOM) is such SUCH a great concept. I'm at the comfort of my own home and the set up that Tom has on his end with the lighting, additional camera and sound is just flawless - it is just as good as having him sitting next to you. I'm just glad that I finally stopped procrastinating and got enrolled into this!
I look forward to every lesson with Tom. I've learnt to play well so quickly and he gives me an excellent range of songs to play. Tom is kind, well organised, polite and we have a lot of fun during lessons!
Tom is great at engaging the students and teaching them in a way that they are challenged yet is thoroughly enjoyable.
Online videos help a lot but will never replace a qualified instructor. You will definitely see the difference after a few lessons!
Tom is always professional and friendly on delivering his teaching lessons. He helps to foster my daughter’s interests on guitar learning. A highly recommended guitar teacher for those who are interested to learn on this musical instrument.
Tom accommodated our mother /son group lesson request with ease and the new songs aligned with things we like each week keep things interesting.
Cathy & Jackson
Tom is a great ukulele teacher and is very committed to his students
Tom is a great guitar teacher who can teach students at all levels
If this all goes well I can give up my career as an IT consultant and become a rocker!
Great lessons for keeping the learning interesting and fun