34A Box Road, Caringbah NSW, Australia
- Pricing: 30 min: $40 | 60 min: $60
Claudio Reis, the founder of Drum Lessons Sydney in the Sutherland Shire, has been in the music scene for almost 3 decades performing with corporate bands and live shows in all major music styles.
Claudio and his methodology, Pegada Drum Method, have become role models for other teachers in Sydney and beyond.
Whether performing on stage or teaching, his passion for music and drumming is the driving force behind his success as a teacher and professional musician.
25 Years of Teaching Experience
Claudio started giving drum lessons 25 years ago, haven’t stopped since, and plan to continue for many more years. Teaching drums is not something he does “on the side.”
Claudio has taught students aged 3 to 70, all styles and all levels, always balancing technical and practical work.
Almost 30 Years of Performing Experience
- Co-founder and drummer for the corporate band Partysonic.
- Drummer for the 5-star wedding band Tentrix.
- Drummer for the background band of the Brazilian Latin Dance Company show.
- Local and international live acts:
- Non Stop Party Band, Twilight (Heavy Metal), Skyscraper (Heavy Metal), Mr. Bug (Hard Rock covers), Duo Trio (unplugged pop), Hypersonic (Pop/Rock covers), Brazilian Latin Groove, and many others covering the major music styles;
- inumerous tribute bands including Dream Theater, Metallica, Skid Row, Bon Jovi, Alanis Morrisette and Elvisback;
- and cover bands with huge set lists including Muse, Maroon 5, Blink182, AC/DC, Foo Fighters, RHCP, Van Halen, INXS, Green Day, EWF, Jamiroquai, Beatles, Coldplay, Queen, Santana, MJ and so on.
- At the age of 20 Claudio was unanimously voted the best drummer in a 2-day music festival.
- Four years later, his former pop band New Jersey was elected the best band in the English Culture Festival of Brazil.
- Claudio was the drummer chosen to help compose and to record the CD T.V.lization for the heavy metal band Skyscraper, mastering the complexity and challenging speed of their songs.
Methods he studied
- Fundamentals, stick control, rudiments, techniques, dynamics, grooves and fills from private drum lessons.
- Carmine Appice drum methods.
Carmine Appice literally wrote the book on rock drumming, has received many Lifetime Achievement awards from the music industry, and influenced John Bonham.
- Joe Morello and Gary Chaffee methods.
- Duda Neves method for Brazilian rhythms.
- Double Bass Drum techniques from the best international drummer in NY 2003.
- Attended master classes of Virgil Donati, Thomas Lang, Benny Greb, Mike Portnoy, Will Calhoun (Living Colour), Sonny Emory (EWF), Tony Royster Jnr, Marco Minnemann, Vera Figueiredo, Charles Gavin (Titas) and Duda Neves.
Pegada Drum Method
Claudio and his syllabus have become role models for other teachers in two continents.
Learn more about Pegada Drum Method.
Private adult and kids drum lessons cover:
Fundamentals of Drumming
Hand and foot techniques
Drum music theory made easy
Learn any songs you want
Try some of the hundreds of songs we’ll suggest
Develop a vocabulary of drum fills
Rock, Funk, Metal, Blues, Latin, Reggae, Jazz and more
Limiteless drumming patterns combinations
Learn how to become a solid drummer
Impress other musicians in any audition
Measure stick control improvement
Measure speed improvement
Drum like your idols
Become a versitile drummer
Adapt to any musical genre
Make your audience dance or headbang
Learn how to groove like a pro
Construct linear grooves
Cooperative training of non-dominant limbs
Elimination of weaknesses
Who can attend
All ages and levels welcome. Private drum lessons in Sydney tailored for you to learn efficiently based on customised practice.
Much more than Rock beats and fills
Learn how to play any music genre creatively, including Rock, Funk, Metal, Blues, Pop, Jazz, Jungle, R&B, Reggae, Latin and Fusion.
Claudio is a friendly, patient and passionate drum tutor with over 20 years of teaching experience who will always take into consideration your learning style.
One certificate per grade level
With the highly effective Pegada Drum Method it’s guaranteed that every beginner learns how to play. If you are in an intermediate level, you improve the way you approach your traditional study methods, learning something new every session.
The Sutherland Shire drum studio
The sound-treated music room at the Drum Lessons Sydney studio in Caringbah is equipped with two quality drum kits, air conditioning, PA and Wi-Fi to enhance students’ learning experience.