The University of New South Wales, Sydney NSW, Australia
Clarinet Lessons | Piano Lessons | Aural Lessons, Ensemble Coaching, Theory Lessons, HSC Music Exam Preparation
- Qualifications: Bachelor of Music Performance (ANU)
- Pricing: $80 per hour, $70 per 45 minutes, $50 per 30 minutes
- Styles: Classical, Jazz
- Suitability: All ages and skill levels!
Thomas Azoury grew up in Canberra ACT. In his final year of high school he successfully completed Associate Diplomas in both Piano and Clarinet, and would continue to undertake a Bachelor of Music at the Australian National University under renowned clarinettist, Alan Vivian. After graduating in 2012, Thomas continued his studies in Melbourne with David Griffiths, Philip Arkinstall and Paul Champion.
Thomas enjoys a varied portfolio of orchestral, chamber and solo musical engagements, and has performed with the Melbourne Chamber Orchestra, Canberra Symphony Orchestra and Canberra International Music Festival, been a two time finalist in the Sydney Eisteddfod’s Musica Viva Chamber Music Competition, and Doctor’s Orchestra Instrumental Scholarship, as well as having participated in the Australian Youth Orchestra’s National Music Camp and the Australian International Symphony Orchestra Institute in Hobart.
Thomas has performed throughout the ACT and NSW with the Dixieland Jazz group, the Zackerbilks, and regularly presents concerts with longstanding duo partner, Andrew Rumsey. Concerto performances have included Mozart’s Clarinet Concerto with the UNSW Orchestra, and Nigel Westlake’s Bass Clarinet Concerto ‘Invocations’ with the Canberra Youth Orchestra.
Thomas is currently completing a degree in Psychology and Linguistics from the University of New South Wales.
- Fun, engaging and comprehensive tuition available to all ages and skill levels, based around instrumental proficiency, enjoyment of music and fulfillment of musical goals.
- Lessons tailored to suit the needs and goals of each student, whether A.M.E.B exam oriented or simply for enjoyment.
- Flexible hours and travel arrangements.
- Accompaniment for exams; in-lesson rehearsal and ensemble development.
Lessons include essential skills for becoming a more comprehensive musician; aural training, harmony recognition, theory practice and more. Repertoire is chosen in a collaborative way with strong emphasis upon goal-centered progress.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise your first session!
Thomas Azoury B.Mus., A.Mus.A., A.Mus.A.